Brian is a partner who started with the firm as a patent engineer in September 2007 and became a patent attorney in October 2009. Brian’s practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution in the electronics and software fields. He has extensive experience with telecommunications and networking, signal processing and coding, and computer architectures and storage systems.
Before becoming a patent attorney, Brian was a graduate student engineer at the National Telecommunications and Information Administration’s Institute for Telecommunications Sciences in Boulder, Colorado. During his time at ITS, Brian helped with research on wireless signal propagation.
Brian has several years of patent experience including the following technologies:
- Telecommunication technologies including network architectures, switches, routers, call processors, and enhanced service platforms
- Wireless technologies including network architectures, base stations, antennas, amplifiers, and mobile communication units
- Information technology systems, architectures, and applications
- Computer systems and application software
- Data storage technology
Areas of Practice
- U.S. and International Intellectual Property Law
- Patent Prosecution
- Colorado (2009)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2009)
- University of Colorado Law School, JD, Law, May 2009
- University of Colorado at Boulder, BS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, May 2006